FARM will be designating twelve hotel rooms for Private Showcases. The private showcase area is always an exciting and inviting place to be!! And our chief of terrier security and cuteness, Champ, will return to FARM in 2018. Our current plan is for the Private Showcases to run from 11:30pm to 2am each night of the conference (Thur, Fri, Sat). THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
ATTENTION hosts of Private Showcase rooms at FARM Iowa City 2017.
In Grand Rapids, at our 2018 conference, we expect to have more demand for hosting rooms than we have hotel rooms available for private showcases.
While we LOVE all of you for all the work you’ve put into hosting private showcase rooms at past FARM conferences, and are eternally grateful, please do not assume that you will be able to host a room this year.
There is a new application process for hosting private showcase rooms at FARM 2018. You need to fill out the form below by July 15th.
Until the decisions are made, please DO NOT book artists for your room, imply to artists that you can and / or will host them, or make any other similar committments.
Below is all the information you should need about applying to host a room or soliciting hosts for a showcase.
How to apply to present (host) a private showcase.
Read the following rules and regs first then Complete the form below
- Deadline for applying to present (host) a private showcase is July15.
- We will notify prospective hosts by August 1 whether or not you are confirmed.
- Once you have been confirmed as a host you will pay for your Private Showcase Room via the Pay For Things page. Choose “FARM Private Showcase Room Fee”. One fee per night that you will host a room. This fee must be paid by September 1st.
- The fee for hosting a private showcase room is $135 per night – this INCLUDES the cost of the hotel room!!
- IMPORTANT: You will reserve the private showcase room directly with FARM (not thru the hotel). You are welcome to sleep in this room. If you want a separate sleeping room, please book that directly with the Hotel (see the Hotel Info page). We really prefer to have you host a room all three nights. Priority will be given to hosts that apply for all three nights of FARM.
- Private Showcases will be allowed Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights beginning at 11:30 pm and ending at 2am. We prefer that a host run their showcase all three nights, but one or two night arrangements are possible.
- Absolutely NO amplification will be allowed.
- Full conference registration is required for ALL performers and hosts.
- Complete showcase schedules must be submitted in advance to be printed in the schedule (deadline October 1, 2018)
- We ask that each Private Showcase Host keep at least one performance slot unassigned each evening to be made available at the end of September for artists who register too late to be assigned a Performance Lane slot. This can be one spot in a round, or a solo performance spot. We will ask you to work with the conference directors to assign these slots to the late registrants so most or all of them will get at least one performance spot in the course of the weekend. We are doing this to balance this year’s reduction in Performance Lane spots with the increase in Private Showcase times.
How to Solicit Private Showcase MUSICIANS or HOSTS
2018 Private Showcase Host contact information will be posted here starting in July.
Click HERE for info on how to join our listserve, which is the primary communications tool for soliciting gigs in private showcases. And while you’re on that page, signup for the newsletter email list (if you haven’t already). The newsletter will keep you very informed regarding the conference and all FARM activities.
Once you are signed up for the listserve, performers and hosts can send emails to everyone else on the list serve, stating your interest in performing in a private showcase room.
Some Private Showcase Hosts may choose to charge the showcasing artists a small fee to help offset the cost of their room, refreshments and advertising. This is optional and at the discretion of each individual host.
ABSOLUTELY NO guerrilla or any other type of in-room showcasing will be allowed in any other rooms or at any other times.
Sign up to receive our newsletters to be notified when this information is updated.
NOTE TO FARM FIRST TIME ATTENDEES:
We will again have a Private Showcase room reserved for first time attendees (1st timers). If this is your first time registering for FARM, you are eligible! The 1st Timer room will feature a series of 30 minute In The Round performances, each consisting of three 1st time attendees. Spots in this room will be assigned based your request with priority based on REGISTRATION ORDER. There are 54 spots available to 1st timers.
Email our Private Showcase Coordinator of your interests, and tell her any date / time preferences to help her schedule you.
NOTE: THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR PERFORMING IN THE FIRST TIMER ROOM. FARM IS HAPPY TO SPONSOR THIS PRIVATE SHOWCASE ROOM!
Private Showcase Room Application
In 2018, we will once again provide an online, sortable and filterable Private Showcase Schedule. Instead of printing the schedule – and since there are multiple ways you’d like to see the schedule it takes lots of pages – you can now look it up on your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Want to know the line up in a particular room? Click on the host button and sort by the host rooms. Want to know when your favorite musician is performing? Click on the performer button. Standing in the hallway at 1:30 on Friday night with no idea where to go? Click on the date/time button. Check it out. This “app” was designed by B. Ryan B., so congratulate him on a job well done.