Volunteering at FARM
Volunteers are the life-blood of FARM! Our conference couldn’t happen without them. We use over 200 hours of volunteer time during the conference itself, not to mention all the hours that people put in leading up to the conference. Volunteers are needed from 9 am until 2:30 am most days of the conference and they help with almost every event scheduled, in one capacity or another.
If you are willing to support your conference by volunteering, we are happy to reduce your registration cost. In return for your help, if you are able to volunteer for 4 hours, you’ll receive a 50% discount on your registration; 8 hours will receive a 100% discount on registration. However, we ask you to help offset the cost of Friday & Saturday dinner which is normally included in the cost of registration. We’ll ask full time volunteers to pay $40 and part-timers will pay $20. That covers both meals. At either level, you’ll also receive the thanks of a grateful FARM nation!
If you’re interested in volunteering, please read through our procedures below to sign up.
Please email Cindy Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or concerns about the changes.
How to become a FARM Volunteer
- Step 1. Complete the application form below.
- Step 2. Cindy will email a response back to you within two weeks. If you are approved to volunteer, she will explain the process to use when you register which will tell the system to calculate your discount.
- Step 3. Register for the conference using the process described in your confirmation email from Cindy. If your plans change, or if you somehow are unable to volunteer for your shifts, please let her know ASAP, (email@example.com) so she can find a substitute.
- Step 4. Shortly before FARM, Cindy will email your volunteer assignment details. The last step is to show up for your shifts during the FARM Conference! Be sure to sign in at the registration table at the beginning of each volunteer shift (this is how you get credit for your work).
Please understand that by reducing your registration cost up front, we are trusting you to fulfill your volunteer commitment to this very important event. If for some reason you do not work your hours, you will be billed after the conference for the amount of your registration that was discounted. And, Champ won’t be your friend any more.
If you have any questions, or need more information about volunteering at FARM, please email Cindy Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org) & she’ll do her best to entice you to join our merry band.
Beyond the Conference
Please contact us if you have skills you believe might be helpful to our organization.
The more of us who put our energy and ideas into the organization, the more useful FARM will be to folk music and dance in the Midwest and those of us that perform and manage. Much of the organizational process of FARM is accomplished over the internet between the Annual FARM Conferences.
If you can you answer these questions, it will help us immensely:
- Is there a venue in your area that should know about Folk Alliance and FARM?
- Is there a conference hotel in your area that would be a good location for a future gathering?
- Would you like to help plan future Gatherings?
- Is there a workshop you would love to see?