The FARM Board of Directors introduced proposed by-law changes during the annual membership meeting which was held during the 2016 FARM Conference. The FARM membership must approve all by-law changes and on November 30th a referendum was emailed to them for their consideration. The membership responded with their affirmation and approved all requested changes.
- Addition of Canadian provinces to the FARM geography
- Increase the number of board members from 7 to a maximum of 9
- Increase the length of term from 2 years to 3
- Add a 2 term limit for serving on the board
- Add a vice president position to the board
- Add an executive committee to manage day to day operations
- Other changes for consistency with the other regions