We will soon be ready to accept your submissions for the Official Showcases at the 2014 FARM Conference on October 23 – 26 in St. Louis, MO. We have again partnered with The Listening Room Network to oversee submissions, with Jeff Robertson returning as the Official Showcase coordinator.
Submission fee will be $15. All submissions will be done online using links to your songs.
Most of last year’s 300+ song submissions were live videos. We received positive feedback from both the artists and judges about the use of live video for evaluation. And we enjoyed stellar showcase performances. This approach worked so well that we feel we can ask artists to submit only two (2) song submissions instead of three. We strongly recommend two live videos as your best presentation for judging.
The best submissions simply present you in front of the camera, preferably in front of an audience. Songs submitted must be in the same act configuration that you plan to use at the FARM Showcase if selected. So if you plan on performing solo, please do not send a link to a recording of you with a band or backup musicians.
We encourage you to take advantage of these next few weeks to prepare your best showcase song submissions.
More details below. We look forward to hearing from all of you!
There will be FOURTEEN juried showcases at the 2014 FARM Conference on October 24th & 25th.
Deadline for submissions is May 31st.
Please note that if you showcased at the 2012 or 2013 FARM Conferences, you are not eligible to showcase this year.
We ask that each artist submit two live links:
- Links must go to a web page that automatically loads a live performance of a single song in its entirety. Example: http://youtu.be/vWwgrjjIMXA
- Links do not need to be accessible to the public but they must be available from submission through the date of notification.
- Judges will be instructed to do the best they can with what is provided by you, but they will not be encouraged to struggle with links that don’t work or songs that are embedded in a playlist.
- After submitting your application, you’ll be able to test your links.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- All showcase entries must be submitted online. No-mail in or CD submissions will be accepted.
- A $15 showcase submission fee will be due with the submission of your showcase entries. Payments may be made using PayPal or by check.
- Selected artists pay an additional $20 showcase fee due upon notification of selection.
- Showcases take place on the evenings of Friday, October 24th and Saturday, October 25th. Make sure you are able to attend the conference on those dates before submitting.
- Two to four alternate artists will be chosen in the event a selected showcase artist(s) is unable to attend the conference.
- Selected artists will be notified by July 1st.
- Selected artists and all band members / backup musicians MUST be registered for the full conference. No exceptions.
- Selected artists must be a member of Folk Alliance, If you are not a member you can join at http://folk.org
- By submitting and being selected for a showcase, you agree that FARM may use your photo and video in advertising for the conference.
- By submitting showcase entries you indicate your understanding and agreement to the terms listed above.
FARM board members and Listening Room Network employees are not eligible to be showcase judges.
Email inquiries to Official Showcase coordinator Jeff Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org.